Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dance beneath the diamond sky.

Something suddenly reminded me of the movie, Elizabethtown, so of course I was filled with the unignorable urge to watch it. I'm glad I did, I haven't seen this movie in a really long time and I kind of forgot how much I liked it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's kind of a guilty pleasure. I know it's not the most eloquent or the most aesthetically or philosophically profound as many films out there (perhaps a good thing, it didn't seem like it was trying too hard to be intellectual or anything, like a lot of movies fall victim to), but something about it is just honest and endearing. It's real.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To have never taken a solitary road trip across country? I mean everybody's got to take a road trip, at least once in their lives. Just you and some music.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sadness is easier because its surrender. I say make time to dance alone with one hand waving free.

No comments:

Post a Comment