Saturday, December 5, 2009

This may initiate a hiatus

I'm stuck in a rut.
Everything I do seems lackluster and inadequate. My writing is bombastic and reliant on re-used vocabulary words; there is no actual substance in anything I produce. I don't have innovative ideas or theories, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to formulate these ideas into words. My art is so far below original; it's talentless. Even my thoughts are some sub-par version of something I've read or heard. I'm so sick of being average.

I wish I would be able to find at least something I'm good at. But every time I try something new I end up stopping before I create anything worth looking twice at because I realize how insufficient it all is. It's not that I'm comparing myself to others, it's just that I'm aware of my own faults, and there are certainly many, many others who are lucky enough to excell in the things i only wish i wouldn't fall short in. What's the point in pretending to be profound, if I'm always going to generate mediocrity?

No comments:

Post a Comment