Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm happy just because.

Went back, back, back to schooley hell today. However, I balanced out this hellishness with some random after school shopping at one of my favorite thrift stores in Oceanside. I got that ubiquitous Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd t-shirt, it's extra soft and too big, but I like it. And I got this vintage '70s dress that has kind of a weird print. Lately I've been trying to kind of push my style in more of the direction of 1966 mod-developing-into-hippiedom, but I digress. I liked this dress. Rhymey rhyme.
And the other day I bought two jackets online; one is a tannish tweed peacoat that's exactly the right length, and the other is a black faux-leather jacket that I'm kind of wary of since it seems like a decent amount of people I know have jackets reminiscent of this. Which I usually like to stay away from. But hey, I like it. Can't wait until they come in the mail!
It's pretty sad how my current happiness is a result of my own material-gain...shallow, if you will. I need to concentrate on things (no, not things! Ideas! Occurrences!) that make me happy other than the superficial.

I did well on my Government in-class essays today.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The weekend is looking bright, and it's so close.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

New developments?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One of my mom's friends happens to be on the Board of Alumni for Lewis & Clark and he offered to write me a letter of reccommendation! Better chances? Oh, I hope so, I sure need it.

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes are so perfect. Just discovered this blog, I've abandoned mine but I think I've been inspired to start it up again now :)

    ReplyDelete